Happy Thursday, people of Albuquerque! Here are the most important things going on around town today.
First, today’s weather:
Sunny; breezy in the p.m.. High: 65 Low: 38.
Here are the top stories today in Albuquerque:
- Patients who are being seen for food allergies have the opportunity to undergo oral immunotherapy treatment (OIT) in Albuquerque. OIT is the process of re-training the immune system to recognize the proteins as benign. Patients are exposed to the problem food in small amounts. Until now, patients often had to travel out of state to receive treatment.
Aspire Allergy & Sinus clinic now offers treatment in Albuquerque. (KRQE News 13)
- Netflix is quickly working to expand its relatively new studio in Albuquerque.”This is going to be their main production facility in North America,” said Alicia Keyes, New Mexico Economic Development cabinet secretary. A new diagram from developers shows what’s coming: 10 new sound stages, three more mills or construction areas, two production offices, and a production service center. The city is still finalizing all the infrastructure plans, and a construction date has not been set, but one document said the goal is to have everything done in 2023. (KOB)
- As the Bernalillo County building that was shot at on Monday remains closed, the county is working on fixing the building and investigators are trying to find who caused it. (KOAT New Mexico)
- An all-volunteer, foster-based nonprofit, NMDOG serves chained, abused, and forgotten dogs across New Mexico by finding them loving, forever homes. (KRQE News 13)
- Actor Alec Baldwin is very impressed by the Albuquerque Sunport bathrooms. Baldwin posted a video to his Instagram page Monday, calling the men’s bathroom by baggage claim “a miracle.” (KOAT New Mexico)
Today’s Albuquerque Daily is brought to you by Newrez, a leading nationwide mortgage lender. Make a smart move for your future and refinance with Newrez today. Call 844-979-1707 to connect with a Newrez loan officer. Newrez, LLC (NMLS #3013)
Today in Albuquerque:
- National Latinx Writers Gathering – VA Boardroom at the National Hispanic Cultural Center (8:00 AM)
From our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
Alrighty, you’re all good for today. I’ll see you soon! If you’re feeling these newsletters, consider inviting some of your friends and neighbors to follow along. You can send them this link to subscribe.
— Rachel Kilimnik
About me: Rachel is a born-and-raised New Yorker who recently relocated to the mountains in the west. She is a freelance copywriter for the content creation agency Lightning Media Partners and is assisting Patch.com with community newsletter curation. During her free time, you can find Rachel roller skating, making pottery, drinking tea, and tending to her growing collection of houseplants.