Summer is the perfect time for simple meals and cool, refreshing, treats. One of the best ways to combine the two is using fresh vegetables and fruits to make a smoothie. As a treat or a substitute for breakfast or lunch, smoothies pack a punch as nutrient-dense meal solutions.
While a smoothie may not seem like the most obvious place to add in cannabis, it’s a great way to incorporate the whole plant as medicine. For home cultivators who have trim or leaves that may otherwise be wasted, it’s a great way to add in some extra green to an already healthy option. And unlike baked goods or other traditional infusions, you don’t have to heat up your house.
As always dosage is different for each person – it never hurts to start low and slow and increase to find your sweet spot, so adjust the infusion recommendation to meet your needs.
Recipe: Cannabis-Infused Super Green Summer Smoothie
Infusion needed: Infused coconut oil
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 avocado
- 1 cucumber
- 1 zucchini
- 1 carrot
- 1 Granny Smith apple
- 2 kiwi
- 6 cup baby spinach
- 6 Tbsp hemp seeds
- 2 Tbsp Infused Coconut Oil
- (Home cultivators may want to add sugar leaves or trim)
- First, core your apple, peel your kiwi, and pit your avocado.
- Next chop vegetables and fruit into ¼ inch pieces, uniformity helps with blending.
- Add baby spinach first
- Add chopped fruits and veggies to blender
- Pour coconut milk and almond milk into blender
- Add hemp seeds
- Blend on high, the milk and avocado should produce a creamy texture for your smoothie
- Add infused coconut oil and pulse in intervals until thoroughly stirred
I recommend refrigerating fruit and veggies prior to making the smoothie or adding ice to the blender, the smoothies are best served cold.
For smaller blenders, the recipe can be halved.
Adding sugar leaves or trim to the smoothie will not increase the potency, but does add an herbal flavor and has additional nutritional value.
Refrigerate any remainder, the smoothie may separate slightly because of the oil and fat from the avocado but will remain fridge stable for at least 2 days.
Pulse or stir thoroughly after letting the smoothie settle during refrigeration.