Cherry Street Brewing
Cherry Street Brewing located in Cumming, GA is growing and expanding to Chattanooga, TN. We have 2 brewpub locations in Georgia, with distribution statewide. We are opening a production facility in Chattanooga, TN to expand volume and distribution. Cherry Street is a team of fun, motivated people who are passionate about their work with a strong culture of inclusion and autonomy. We are a casual, yet professional company promoting a safe working environment and equal opportunity for employment.
Cherry Street Brewing Market Sales and Wholesale Manger is the liaison between the brewery and the wholesalers. This role includes management of packaged product inventory, communication to the wholesalers of such products, selling to and maintaining accounts in the market, and representing the Brand at an assortment of events throughout the year. While this is a simple description, this role is large and in charge. Organization and communication skills are imperative.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Completely understand and embrace the Cherry Street brands, culture, company history, products, portfolio, policies and short- and long-term vision, and deliver our mission to the wholesale and retail customer
- Be the primary point of contact for customers, distributor representatives, and marketing liaisons
- Be the face of the brewery, acting in a professional manner at all times, always representing the brewery in the best light, and taking care of our customers
- Participates in overall sales strategy and goal planning for sale of Cherry Street beers
- Coordinate with distributors and (Nick/brewing team) to manage inventory in market, maintaining minimum days on hand, healthy turn rate, and depleting all seasonal and limited brands according to plan
- Coordinate and communicate distributor orders with distributing partners and the operations manager
- Observe all state and federal laws pertaining to the sale, merchandising and promotion of products
- Work with direction from (Nick/Directors) to achieve sales goals for revenue and volume growth on a monthly basis while operating effectively within company and budgetary guidelines
- Gain an intimate and working knowledge of each distributing partner’s organization and develop an open relationship with all members of the management and sales team
- Work with designated distributors to meet sales goals and objectives
- Plan and participate in regular distributor training activities including presenting at sales meetings, riding with distributor sales personnel, communicating and driving sales performance initiatives, and distributing new sales material to sales staff
- Organize, promote, and execute promotional events at accounts and in the market including beer dinners, tap takeovers, festivals, tasting events, and samplings
- Coordinate to promote account related events via facebook, twitter, and other social-media/web channels
- Manage relationships at key accounts while identifying and targeting growth accounts
- Identify accounts that are not currently carrying the brand’s products and successfully execute opening new accounts to increase market presence
- Manage time and priorities in an effective and efficient manner; track and monitor progress in all identified accounts; compile and submit sales reports as required
- Keep thorough and up to date notes on all existing and target accounts
- Pleasant, polite manner, and a neat and groomed appearance
- Regular and reliable attendance and punctuality
- Flexible work hours and irregular schedule
- Ability to clearly and articulately communicate with team members, customers, and distributors
- Ability to interact professionally and appropriately with all team members, customers, and distributors
- Operate phones, computers, type writers, copiers, and other office equipment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) and other basic computer software and websites
- Managing by the philosophy of “If it’s not 100% right- it’s a 100% wrong” and correcting the problem immediately
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility including bending and stooping for the duration of the workday during events, etc
- Must be able to lift or carry 20 pounds regularly, and 65 pounds occasionally
- Self-discipline, initiative, leadership ability and outgoing
- Desire for beer, craft beer, and artisanal knowledge
- Must possess good communication skills for dealing with team members, customers, and distributors
- College degree is preferred, High School diploma required, or a combination of practical experience and education will be considered as an alternative
- Proficient in the following dimensions of brewery and alcohol supply chain industry: POs, FOB, Margin/Markup, Inventory Management, Effective Communication, etc
- Must possess a valid drivers license
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
- Must be able to obtain Forsyth County Liquor Pouring Permit
- Must be willing to agree to a background check and provide reference list with three employers and three personal
- Salary Position – 45-50 hours; Base pay + commission/bonus compensation. Experience level may influence pay. Plus annual performance raise and reach bonus opportunities TBD with ownership
- 10 days/8 hours each day per year of Paid Time Off, includes sick and personal time, unless otherwise discussed and approved. PTO must be approved with 1 month notice.
- Medical, Dental, & Vision insurance contribution.
- Food, beer, merchandise discounts, admission to events, such as beer festivals, conferences, or education.
- And, one hell of a cool ass place to work.
Alcohol Responsibility – The candidate must fully understand that they are a representative of not only the company, but of the alcohol beverage industry. They are to conduct themselves within the limits of the law and with concern to the education of responsible consumption at all times. This includes working hours, trade shows, festivals and while entertaining in the name of the company or its affiliates. Any poor reflection or legal matters that may arise due to poor judgment may be dealt with by means of disciplinary action up to and including termination.